Metro Metals Corporation, a leading recycling company in the Twin Cities, is seeking skilled, fast, reliable and knowledgeable candidates for the position of Full Time Scale Operator to join our Ferrous Scale team. The Scale Operator will provide excellent customer service to our customers while working in a fast paced, team oriented environment. Must be able to speak, read and write English.
We are seeking a candidate who is dynamic, energetic, friendly, honest and adaptable with 2+ years of retail or customer focused work experience. This position is a 5-6 day work week, Monday – Saturday with a willingness to be flexible.
- 2+ years of retail or customer focused work experience
- Ability to follow direction and willingness to learn new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Direct customer traffic to maintain efficient flow
- Assist with purchasing various scrap metal commodities
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including extreme heat or cold
- Ability to stand and move up to 8 hours a day
- Maintains a safe and clean general work area
- Sweeping of nails and/or glass
Benefits package after 90 days
Paid vacation after 1 year of service
Uniforms, protective footwear, safety gear and seasonal clothing provided
Must pass drug test and background screening. This company uses E-Verify.